Monday, May 25, 2015

PLxSU Trio Challenge - week 10

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Whatever your plans may be for the day, I hope you're having a great time :)

This week we're challenging you to use black and white photos in your layouts. Here's mine:



What I really love about scrapbooking with b&w photos is the freedom it gives you in choosing cards and embellishments. The photos I chose for this layout had a lot of different colors in them and distracting elements in the background. Taking the color out simplified everything and really brought the focus back to the subject of the picture. And, as an added bonus, I was able to use whatever PL cards I wanted without the colors clashing with my pictures. Win Win, right?

I can't wait to see what you each come up with this week - it's so inspiring to see what you're each working on and it's fun to get a little insight into your personalities :)

You'll definitely want to see what Cori and Holly's pages, so make sure to stop by their blogs as well. See you next week!

No comments: