Monday, April 27, 2015

PLxSU Trio Challenge - week 6

So, I'm really interested to see what you think of this week's challenge. I think it's going to be a love it or hate it situation. Ready? Wait for it...

We want you to use: Selfies! That's right. We think it's a really fun idea to use selfies on your layouts this week.  :D

Now...some of you may be cheering - the rest of you just rolled your eyes. But hear us out! Trust me, the Trio isn't on the selfie bandwagon. In fact, usually when we take a selfie it's a joke between us. We text each other our "beautiful" selfies and die laughing. It is truly an endless source of entertainment. Who knew? All joking aside, selfies have become part of our culture - like it or not. So, we decided to have some fun with it. And I have to admit, I love how this turned out. In fact, my heart may have just warmed up to the idea of selfies. Just a bit ;)

Now, don't worry - this doesn't have to be a page all about you; although, would that be so bad? We love getting to know you and besides, if you're preserving your memories - they should include you and not just your family, right?

My page is full of selfie's that my kids took when they "borrowed" my phone, but I do have selfies of me and I'll work on those pages to post on our Facebook page this week. So you'll have to jump on FB to see them :)


Oh, these three little men. They melt my heart!

I've talked before about how I'm a fan of embellishments and although I really  like the PL app it bugs me that I can't embellish more. Plus, there are only a few options when adding text. Well, as I was working on this page it occurred to me that I could create the page in the PL app, save it to my phone and then open it in the Rhonna Designs app and add some fun text and graphics! I'll admit it - I called myself a genius. Out loud. But I'm still quite humble, so no worries.

I am so excited about the way this turned out! It was so easy and incredibly fast - I was done in no time. And I love it!

FYI - I used the Kiwi Edition and the Teen Themed Boy cards.

We're all super excited to see what you post this week! But before you do that, check out Holly and Cori's pages. You're gonna love them!

1 comment:

Holly VanDyne said...

Words cannot express how much I love this page! :) Love, love, LOVE!!! Who knew we'd end up liking selfies?