Thursday, December 18, 2014

MDS Blog Hop - What are you working on?

Hey guys - Christmas is next week! How did that that happen?! I swear there was a Nickelodeon show when I was a kid about a girl who could stop time by putting her fingers together. That's the super power I want! Because you know what I would do? Stop time and take a nap. That's right. Uninterrupted sleep. No alarms (aka kids) just sweet slumber. Ahhh. A girl can dream right? ;)

My parents are coming to spend Christmas with us this year (yay!!) and I'm still trying to make things lovely and cozy for them. So I'm working on a few printables for the finishing touches. I've loved the chalkboard look that has been floating around on Pinterest for a few years now so I'm making a few of those. I may frame some and I may mount a few others on foam core; I haven't quite decided yet.

This is the first that I made using the Watercolored Winter download:



I wanted a few more and as I was scouring through my massive list of fonts for the perfect ones, I realized that I have several amazing downloads already. Why not use what our amazing Stampin' Up artists have already designed for us?

Voila! From the O Holy Night download:




Quick and so much fun! So before you spend oodles of time trying to duplicate that amazing printable on Pinterest that you don't want to pay for, take a look at your downloads and see what's already there. You might find something that you don't have to tweak at all! 

Before I send you on to Cindy I just wanted to take a quick second and thank you for visiting my blog. I've been doing the MDS Blog Hop since it started 3 1/2 years ago and it's been such an amazing opportunity. But 3 1/2 years is a long time and I need a break! Life is crazy (as we all know) and I'm finding that I need some time to step back and focus on my family. 

I have loved being a part of this group and it's pushed my creative limits much farther than I ever dreamed. I'm amazed at how far I've come in the last few years! I've made lifelong friends as well - something I will always cherish. Hopefully I'll be able to still participate in projects with these amazing women in the future - I don't plan to drop off the face of the earth completely! But I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has followed us whether you've stuck with us the whole three years or just popped in every now and then to see what we're up to. Your support really does mean a lot and we love being able to share our love of digital designing with you!

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Ok... now you can head on over to Cindy's blog ;)





2 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

I love ALL of these Amber!! So cute!

stampinjul said...

Love these printables, Amber!